SOOTBLOWER Model BW-9
soot blower mainly consists of:
• main body, properly said, with flanged connection to the wall
• wall box, positive or negative pressure types are available;
• automatic steam valve for steam inlet with flange and relevant
• head with flanged connection for admitting steam;
• air check valve with a threaded ¾” connection on
the rear head;
• tube lance connection.
• lance with multi-nozzles (single of double row).
type of soot blower results:
• compact and easy to install;
• simple to maintain;
• safe and reliable.
sootblower installed on one exhaust gas boiler
on board of M/V Sun Princess
of sootblower is used in confined spaces, usually at a gas temperature
lower than 600-700°C
• Convection bank
• Waste heat recovery boiler
When the blower is started from the rest
position the electric motor rotates the lance through the reduction
gear and the drive gear. This movement opens the valve by means
of a cam. The lance rotates until the design blowing arc is completed.
The valve is closed by reversing mechanism back to its rest position.
The rotation of the lance continues up to get its rest position.
One 0.25 kW 3 phase flanged mounted. Explosion proof specification
available for hazardous areas
carbon or low alloy steel, stainless steel or high temperature alloy
carbon or low alloy steel, stainless steel
2” ANSI 600 RF
Max steam supply temperature
Typical steam consumption
Effective blowing radius
Typical distance from tube bank
Steam or air
min 40 sec
30° – 360°
up to 1.5 m